- There are 19 different subspecies of coyote.
- The scientific name for coyotes is Canis latrans,
which literally means "barking dog" in Latin.
- Coyotes live a maximum of 10 years in the wild and
18 years in captivity.
- The largest coyote on record weighed nearly 75 pounds,
and measured 5 feet in length.
- Coyotes coexist with humans much better than wolves
- A coyote may reach speeds up to 43 miles per hour.
- A coyote can jump over 13 feet.
- Primarily, coyotes eat small mammals like rabbits,
squirrels, mice, and birds, as well as snakes, and lizards.
About the Author
Jacob Maddox manages content for Wildlife Animals http://www.wildlife-animals.com
an educational wildlife and animal website. Jacob also
guest writes for Dog Pound http://www.dog-pound.net